Let’s go to see the battle ” React JS vs Angular Js “.
Advantages of angular js
- Developed By GOOGLE: AngularJS framework is maintained and developed by Google. Google takes care of every version of AngularJS.
- full-fledged framework: It is a full-fledged framework that can run in any browser or platform. Moreover, it is consistent, overwhelmed with ready-made tools, ng components are robust and quite mature, as contrasted with React.
- Angular-language-service — which allows intelligence and autocomplete inside of component external HTML template files.
- Unit Testing Ready: AngularJS framework is a unit testing ready framework that is its most compelling advantages.
- Two-way data bind: Two-way data bind is probably the top feature, as it diffuses the impact after every minor data change and does way with the need for further effort with data sync in view and model.
- TypeScript: Angular’s created to be used alongside with Typescript. And has exceptional support for it. TypeScript is an enhanced JS super-set that supplies optional static type checking, object-based programming patterns, and high-performance typing features.
- Component-based architecture: Owing to component-based architecture components have deep binding and each of them comprises elements with only relevant functionality. What is more, they are loosely coupled and properly encapsulated. Such approach makes components easily reusable, enhance their testability and further maintainability.
- Structure and architecture specifically created for great project scalability.
Drawbacks of Angular:
- Variety of different structures(Injectables, Components, Pipes, Modules etc.) makes it a bit harder to learn in comparison with React and Vue.js, which have an only “Component” in mind.
- Relatively slower performance, according to different benchmarks. On the other hand, it can be easily tackled by utilizing so-called “ChangeDetectionStrategy”, which helps to control the rendering process of components manually.
- Confusion: with AngularJS there are many ways to do the same thing. Sometimes, it is be hard to find the right way for a task. Hence, it is essential for programmers to understand all components of it.
- Name Clashes: you don’t have the ability to formulate many ng-apps on the same page With Angular JS. This creates name clashes.
Advantages of Reactjs
- Easy to learn, thanks to its simple design, use of JSX (an HTML-like syntax) for templating, and highly detailed documentation.
- Great support for server-side rendering, making it a powerful framework for content-focused applications.
- JSX is a JS syntax that enables HTML quotes and usage of HTML tag syntax for subcomponents rendering. It promotes building of machine-readable code and provides ability to compound components in one compile-time verified file.
- Data-binding is one-way, meaning less unwanted side effects.
- Migrating between versions is generally very easy, with Facebook providing “codemods” to automate much of the process.
- Prompt rendering is among the best features of React that gives a significant edge over Angular. The technology comprises smart methods to mitigate the amount of DOM operations, optimize and accelerate the updates process. Virtual DOM (Document Object Model) is of great use while handling vast databases.
- Skills learned in React can be applied (often directly) to React Native development.
Drawbacks of React:
- React is unopinionated and leaves developers to make choices about the best way to develop. This can be tackled by strong project leadership and good processes.
- Comparing react vs angular performance, first of all it’s worth mentioning that reactJS is not a full-scale framework and for this very reason integration of the UI library into a common MVC framework requires deeper programming knowledge. It is still young and not mature, considering tutorial volumes, limited ecosystem, etc.
- The community is divided on the best way to write CSS in React, split between traditional stylesheets (CSS Modules) and CSS-in-JS (i.e. Emotion and Styled Components).
- React is moving away from class-based components, which may be a barrier for developers more comfortable with Object Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Mixing templating with logic (JSX) can be confusing for some developers at first.
- Apart from pros and cons of reactjs, we should also mention Flux that is frequently applied for adding a structure and architecture to react app. Usage of both technologies can become a challenge for non-experienced programmer, as it lacks structured and comprehensive documentation or guide.
Conclusion of ” React JS vs Angular Js ” battle
For a real engineer, there is no substantial difference in which framework to choose, because it just takes some time to get used to the new one. Every framework has its own pros and cons, meaning that there should be just the right choice for every single case during product development.
React and Angular offer completely diverse approaches to web application development for startup, small and medium businesses. Both are powerful and flexible technologies, while none of them is worse or better, than the other. Depending upon custom app goals and particular system constraints, developers can run from ng2 to React, and back.
Opting for Angular, it usually assumes the creation of core skeleton for a front-end app, whereas React.js can be applied to improve its specific parts. Moreover, it can be integrated with other frameworks, like Backbone or even well-known Angular.